DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Advance Terrazzo & Tile Systems Ltd
1 – Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession.
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
2 – Who are we?
The Board of Advance Terrazzo & Tile Systems Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3 – How do we process your personal data?
The Board of Advance Terrazzo & Tile Systems Ltd, complies with its obligations under the ‘GDPR’ by: keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer employee, supplier and customer records
- To manage our employees.
- To maintain our own accounts and records
4 – What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about Health & Safety issues, and services and process your payments
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
- Processing is carried out by Advance Terrazzo & Tiles Systems Ltd provided:
- the processing relates only to employees, customers and suppliers (or those who have regular contact with it ); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5 – Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Board or Personnel Staff in order to carry out the legitimate business of the Company. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6 – How long do we keep your personal data ?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out by the Government.
Specifically, we retain employment Data while it is still current; Accounts records, Income Tax, VAT and PAYE records for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
7 – Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Board of Advance Terrazzo holds
- The right to request that Advance Terrazzo & Tile Systems Ltd, corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Advance Terrazzo & Tile Systems Ltd to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means]
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
8 – Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will, where and whenever necessary, seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9 – Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Company Director on 0121 778 5737 or office at advanceterrazzo dot co dot uk.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Additional GDPR information relevant to this website:
1 – Contact forms
We use a contact form on this site, which collects your name and email in order for us to correspond with you.
Our contact form also has a “consent” checkbox.
We do not use this information for marketing purposes and we do not share it with any third party.
2 – Cookies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How to disable cookies
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
To disable cookies in Chrome: click the 3 dots at the top right of your browser (just under the close screen ‘x’). This will open a menu where you should choose ‘settings’. The settings will open in a new window. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Advanced’. In the ‘privacy and security’ section, find the option for ‘content settings’. Here you can turn on or off several features. Cookies is usually the first option.
To disable cookies in Internet explorer: click the 3 dots at the top right of the screen (just under the close screen ‘x’). This will open a sidebar menu where you should choose ‘settings’. Click ‘view advanced settings’ and scroll down to the ‘privacy and services’ section. Within that section you can choose to block all cookies, block only third party cookies, or don’t block cookies.
For more information on managing cookies check out Managing Cookies.
3 – Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
4 – Analytics
We do not use Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel or any other analytics or tracking package on this site and therefore do not collect any analytics data.